1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Uninstalled my lift kit

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by res201cue, Sep 4, 2011.

1. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

Well I decided I didnt want a lifted truck anymore so off came the lift and tires. Much more practical now for plowing and towing heres a couple pics of the before and after and the dogg of course.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Looks good! What kind of lights do you have under your doors?

3. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

there just regular old running lights I mounted them to a piece of aluminum flat bar first then attached them to the truck made it a little easier to line everything up.

4. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Nice. Smart idea on mounting them first...easier to work on a bench then on the ground

5. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

I thouht so

6. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

looks good nice truck

7. m_falafel

m_falafel Member

Why did the lift bother you? I was considering maybe lifting my front end so I would stop hitting the curb...

8. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

Curious, what kit did you have in? I know a lot of guys who have small kits and like them alot. That also depends on what kinds of plowing you do.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You removed several thousand dollars of depreciation....

10. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

It was more of a problem pulling trailers my family is in the carnival buisness and alot of our trailers have low hitches on them. I needed a 12 inch drop bar to pull some and even that wasnt enough at times.

It was a 6" fab tech.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Remember to drop your plow mount when you raise the truck. Mounting centers must be maintained for proper operation of the plow. Lifting the mount with the truck will cause excessive tripping and poor cleaning.

12. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

I moved the plow mount when I got rid if the lift it sits right where snowdogg says it should

13. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

Sorry I didn't see the quotes above bashers post stupid phone

14. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

........and it looks better.

15. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I recently removed my lift as well on my GMC 08 sierra 1500. It just screws up my front end, so its all back to stock now.

16. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It looks alot better and it's alot more practicle now.

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Lift kits and work trucks don't mix IMO

18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That is some thing we agree on. Thumbs Up

19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

:salute::laughing:

20. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

when I bought the truck it was lifted and I had no intention of plowing with it but later thought it would make a good plow rig so I put the plow on it used it for a season and realized I didnt like it. So off came the lift and now I love it the truck is way more useful and will probobly last longer.:salute: