1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 06GMCplow, Jan 23, 2010.

1. 06GMCplow

06GMCplow Junior Member

I had a 2000 1500 Chevy and a unimount plow and wiring harness that went on it. I just bought a 2006 GMC 1500 and I am wondering what needs to be modified on the bumper for the plow frame to fit. Also, will the wiring harness work on the newer truck? Some people have told me yes, and some have said no.
    Please let me know if you have any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks.

2. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

the plow wiring will work, not sure on the light wiring. if the headlights are the same it should, but a easy way to check is to got to the western website and use the quick match to see if things are interchangable.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Light wiring will all connect as both truck have HB3/HB4 headlamps but they won't function. And you won't find a 9 pin plug in harness listed for an '03-newer GM truck because Western doesn't recommend using the 9 pins on them. They want the 12 pin used. Which requires all the wiring both truck and plow side upgraded to 12 pin.