1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dailylc, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

A neighbor of mine has an unimount plow that has not been used in 7 yrs... thats right 7 yrs. The company he worked for bought the plow to put on his truck to keep the driving lanes open during a snow while patrons were in the movies. This plow was only used 1 time ever. The cutting edge is original and shows no wear. My question is, this plow has sat outside in the weather ever since, paint faded, hoses dry rotted and rams pitted. Outside of replacing the rams and hoses and changing the fluids, what are the possibilities of the internal parts of the pump being damaged, if at all? I can pick this unit up for less than a grand and I have the mount and harness that will fit on one of my trucks. Should I be worried?

James

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

If you can get it for less that I grand with a mount and harness, you are doing fine. The pump should be fine. The seals could go bad on the valves and such, but if they have been sitting in fluid, you shouldn't have a problem.