1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount won't move after fluid change

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by CRTurboGuy, Nov 21, 2010.

1. CRTurboGuy

CRTurboGuy Junior Member

I've got an older 6.5' Unimount that I changed the fluid and filter on tonight. I unhooked the ram hoses from the solenoid box and pushed the blade left and right a couple times to get all of the old fluid out of the rams and hoses. My unit is older and doesn't have a fluid level plug, so I went ahead and put in about 1.75 bottles of plow fluid. I then jacked the plow up slightly and tried powering on and running it left/right, but it wouldn't budge. I manually pushed the blade back and forth a few times, and then tried w/ the controls and still nothing. When I went to open the fill plug, I had fluid spray out all over me. Did I put too much fluid in?

Here's a short video of what it sounds like.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW24NMmbWb0

Thanks,

--JOsh

2. CRTurboGuy

CRTurboGuy Junior Member

Bump. Any ideas?

--JOsh

3. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Bleed the air out of the lines and angle rams.

4. CRTurboGuy

CRTurboGuy Junior Member

Ok, stupid question... How?

--JOsh

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

did you take the pump out while doing the flush?

6. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Crack the lines and pivot the plow back and fourth manually until fluid comes out.

7. CRTurboGuy

CRTurboGuy Junior Member

You're talking the pump that's inside the fluid cavity that the filter is attached to? Yes. Was I not supposed to? Seemed to be the only way to get the filter off.

Crack them at the swivel connection? Won't they suck air in when I'm pushing back and forth?

--JOsh

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

sounds like you lost the o-ring that is on the bottom of the pump. not a air in line problem, pump would build pressure and move blade.