1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount won't lower problem?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by therabbittree, Jan 9, 2009.

1. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

Hi,
    I have aa unimount that won't lower. It raised fast (once Ha),& it angles really strong. I checked the plow harness with a test light following the trouble shooting guide the plow can with. The correct pin does make the test light glow when in float / lower position and goes out on the lift.... Any ideas?.. I checked the fluid and it was fine level wise. I tried to take the drain out and the allen plug stripped argh..I had figured it may have iced up?..similar to a meyers icing up etc..?? but the fluid is still clear atf red, its not milky or foamy etc, so I don't think it is frozen up..
    I can get the lift piston to move a little bit, about 1/8" in and out.. but nothing further.
    Any helps is really appreciated..
    Thanks
    Deo

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Get your mechanics guide back out and go to the S1 coil and valve. Check the coil for magnatizim and check the S1 for being stuck shifted.

3. arrowheadnut

arrowheadnut Junior Member

yes absolutely get a manual , oh and keep your feet out from under the blade.

4. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

thanks, the plow is on the ground as it had the plow chain off, so piston is up and plowdown ha..had to drag it back wards across yard and snow back to get at it ..argh.. I already had printed the manual.. from the website..that where it said to test the harness..I will re read it today.. list was last night 1130pm and 7 degrees out with flash light etc..its a little better today but its snowing and alot is expected. plow has been sitting for 2 1/2 years.. it worked fine when stored..etc.. the big relay was bad and I chanegd that..etc..
    Thanks
    Deo

5. excavator

excavator Junior Member

I am having same problem to day and I am having ground problem. Even if you checked the connector on grill the other connector that mates to it is probrobly haveing bad connection. When my plow raises it will not drop but if I walk over to the plug harness and wiggle it (WATCH FEET) it drops. I raise it and it works a few times and then same problem. So I walk over and wiggle connector at grill and it drops. I have cleaned the contacts with spray cleaner and then wire brushed, tried DI elctric grease but do not get solid contact as it still acts up. I guess I will try to open up the pins to make tighter fit

6. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

well after trouble shooting everything.... it was the pin for the yellow / white wire to the 2way solinoid in the plow harness the upper right hand pin..I had to pry the pin open a little bit and the problem was solved..hope your problem is just as easy to fix..
    Thanks
    Deo

7. excavator

excavator Junior Member

I take it that the pin at the grill connector is where your problem was

8. therabbittree

therabbittree Member