1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Won't Angle

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by graycenphil, Dec 21, 2009.

1. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

Started plowing last night and everything was fine. After a while, it wouldn't angle full right; stopped about at straight. It would angle left and return to straight. By the end of the night, it wouldn't angle either way. It's trying to - the motor runs (lights dim) and it bumps an inch like it wants to go but then stops.

I also thought the lights might have been dimming a little more than usual - like it was drawing a lot of current, even when raising the plow. But I might just be imagining that too.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Have you check the fluid??

The pump screen might be clog??

3. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

Fluid's good. Will check the screen. Thanks.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sticking poppet valve (very likely) or debris in the S2 valve. Need to pull the poppet out and go over it..or simply replace it.

5. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

Screen seems okay, I put in new fluid just in case. I guess I'll check the valves next. Thanks again.

6. twinman326

Have you check to see if you have power going to the S valve??

7. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

I haven't, but assume I do because the plow moves a bit when I try to angle left or right.

8. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

With both the hoses disconnected, the plow is really hard to angle by hand. It should move pretty easily, shouldn't it?

9. twinman326

If your using a hydraulic jack underneath the plow, you should be able to move the plow (by hand)left and right to get the old fluid out of the lines pretty easy. Not frozen??

10. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

I raised the plow (it raises and lowers fine), shut the truck off, then removed the left and right hoses. I tried to move it back and forth, and it was really hard to move. Should it have been easy? Does this mean a problem with the cylinder?

Thanks again.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you can angle it by hand AT ALL then there's nothing mechanical causing th issue.

12. twinman326

If your having a hard time moving the plow left or right, u might have a problem with cylinder.

13. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

I can move it, but pretty much have to slam it a bunch of times to go from straight to angled. Is there a way to test the cylinder?

14. twinman326