1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount won't angle left

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tiovklr, Oct 29, 2009.

1. tiovklr

tiovklr Junior Member

I have an older western cable operated unimount that won't angle left now that it is below freezing out, well at least without the help of a nearby boulder I used to gently straighten everything out...

When I move the lever in the cab to the left, I hear a pump/motor noise, but no movement. Move the lever to the right, plow angles right. Plow goes up and down.

This problem just started with the cold weather. This plow is new to me as of springtime.

I will add that once it warmed up yesterday the plow angled left a little slowly at first then just fine. This morning, no left again.

Any direction I should start looking? Need more information?

Here is the hydraulic schematic, I think that S3 is a possible culprit.
    However, I have no idea what/where S3 is to be found/checked.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  2. tiovklr

tiovklr Junior Member

Nevermind, there was ice in the 4-way Hydra-Turn valve. Gotta get some silicone on the cable going into there.

I just dug the ice out and filled the whole thing with grease. We'll see if that does the trick with the silicone.

Gotta love old stuff.