1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount won't angle, but goes up n down....

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by upsdrivr1, Mar 1, 2013.

1. upsdrivr1

upsdrivr1 Junior Member

I have a Western Unimount plow on a Ford F250 and the other night while plowing it stopped angling to the left. It woud only go from straight, to angle right.When the blade was angled to the right, you could go left and it would get back to the straight position and then totally stop. Almost like something was stuck in the A-frame and wouldn't let it go any further. The pump sounded like it wanted to keep going, but wouldn't. Well, a little while later it stopped angling all together. It goes up and down just fine but won't angle.I changed both hoses and was going to add fluid but it appears to be full even after the hose change? I didn't lose hardly any fluid in the hose change, and that seems a little odd. Any ideas where to go from here???

2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Your not going to lose much fluid in changing hose as there's no pressure in them when the blade is straight. Sounds like a bad ground or there's a bad valve . One of the valves may be getting stuck and not releasing the fluid to push it to angle.

3. perrysee

perrysee Senior Member

like snowplowpro said sounds like your valves are sticking .take out and clean ,first or replace valves.happened to my western