1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount wiring

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ktown1801, Dec 10, 2007.

1. ktown1801

ktown1801 Junior Member
    from usa

To all,
    New to this site and have a question on a wiring issue. I bought a unimount from a guy, it came off a 2000 chevy 1/2 ton. I installed it on my 1999 chevy tahoe (with a little grinding and welding). All works fine except for the plow high beams. When the plow is plugged in, the markers, blinkers, DRL, and low beams all work. When I turn the high beams on, the plow lights go off (markers and blinkers still work). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

check your relay, make sure it has power going out to the headlight itself

it would be the white wire on the loc87 on the relay.

3. ktown1801

ktown1801 Junior Member
    from usa

I am at work right now, I will check it tonight and reply tomorrow
    Thanks

4. ktown1801

ktown1801 Junior Member
    from usa

I checked the whit wire, with the plow hooked up there is power to the white wire when the low beams are on, no power when the high beams are on

5. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Ok then, that should have been the high beam power, but for sh@ts and giggles, check the black wire on the other relay, same location.....