1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount wiring

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by scobie109, Nov 7, 2006.

1. scobie109

scobie109 Junior Member

wiring issues. 2000 chevy 2500 using a unimount plow. headlights will not click over from the headlights on the truck. replaced all relays, and did not help. i have good clean grounds. but the thing is when i ground out any relay with a test light it will click over to the headlights on the plow. any one tell me what is going on.
    Thanks Matt:
  2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Isn't there like 6 relays with that system? I installed a few on Chevy's and I've never had a problem like yours. What with the symptoms you are describing, it does sound like a grounding problem. Are you certain you have all teh relays wired properly?
  3. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

when I wired up my chevy I grounded it to a body bolt, and It worked some times.
    I then cleaned my conections and moved the ground wire to the firewall where the engine grounds to the body and It has been fine ever since.
    There seems to be a coating on the bolts that break the conection.
    Try that and see if that helps.
  4. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

you got it

you answered your own question. you just need to ground out your relays
  5. Northland

Northland Senior Member

If the lights are clicking over when you are putting the tester on it I would assume it is making a good ground finally.. I would re-check your grounds. maybe think about moving it or making a dedicated ground point