1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Wiring (pics attached)

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by lawnangel1, Nov 28, 2011.

1. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 Member
    from KY

So I bought a used Western Unimount to go on my 2005 Chevy 2500hd. The person I bought it from deals in plows on the side and seemed fairly knowledgeable. I am mounting it to my truck via Ultramounts and then the conversion kit. That part all seems to be fine it’s the wiring that seems to be the issue. He gave me a wiring harness for my truck as well and that seems to plug into my headlight relays just fine. The problem is when I hook the truck side to the plow side. The truckside has 12 pin female connection, the current plowside also has a 12 pin female connection. The headlights are busted on the plow so he also gave me 2 new headlights attached to a 9 pin male connection. So what is the easiest and cheapest way to get this thing working? I was hoping there might be a male adapter I could plug into the 2 female plugs?

1st pic is truckside
    2nd Pic is Current plowside
    3rd pic is new headlight harness

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You need to move the plow side 12 pin over to the new plow lamps. Simply disassemble the housings and make the switch there.