1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount wiring help?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by apex809, Dec 4, 2010.

1. apex809

apex809 Junior Member
    from Boone

Hi,New here. Just bought a Western Unimount plow that came off a 98 Chevy 2500. It came with all the wiring etc on the truck side. My question is will this wiring work on a 2001 Chevy 2500hd? The wiring system that i got with the plow has the two relay system. Only thing i dont see is the DRL. Any help would be great. Thanks
  2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

No , unfortunently they are not interchangable, the wiring you have will fit 88-98 chevy , it probably would be cheaper to purchase a 63392 wiring kit along with using the Battery wires , solenoid , and controller from the plow you bought.

You will already have the 61437 control harness that will come in the new kit but the price of buying all of the relays , jumpers and DRL module and reusing the control harness you have will outweigh the cost of the kit , you could always sell the harness you have complete then.

Also , do not forget the mount , it is not interchangable either.

If you decide to sell the mount you have along with the wiring let me know , I might be interested depending on your location. Plus if I look hard enough I might have the harness, relays and DRL module you need for your installation.

tomsnastyz@yahoo.com is my email

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  3. apex809

apex809 Junior Member
    from Boone

The drl is just for the daytime running lights correct? Cant you just hook it up to just turn your light on? I called a western dealer and he said that kit to add to mine was only 150 to make everything work. I don't care about the day time running lights. I can just turn the numb to turn the lights on. Correct?