1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount wiring harness

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sdegroat, Nov 23, 2007.

1. sdegroat

sdegroat Junior Member
    from eastern

I have a 2001 Dodge 2500. I just bought a western unimount plow and frame. I need wiring harness. Where can i find what I need? What do I need? anyone have something used? Will other vehicles fit this one?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What the plow came of will depend on what you need to install in on your Dodge.
    Do you know what it's off of exactly?

3. sdegroat

sdegroat Junior Member
    from eastern

no. I went and found the unimount frame mount. Now I need all wiring. There is some wiring on the plow motor and lights. There are 2 connectors on the motor

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your need the control/headlight harness. Depending on which style head lights your truck has you'll need one of these 2 harness's:

HB1/HB5 lights take 63396 harness
    Dual HB1 lights take the 62917 harness

You also need a battery cable harness p/n 61169
    And the solenoid kit: p/n 56131K

And the controller of your choice...either the Cab Command or the joystick.

5. sdegroat

sdegroat Junior Member
    from eastern

can i get a boss hand held controller to work with my plow?Is that all the underhood and cab wiring I will need? You are a great help!

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Those p/n will give you all the wiring you'll need for the install except you'll still need a battery cable between the under hood solenoid and the pos side of the battery but you can pick one up at any auto parts store, and for less money that a Genuine Western cable.

A Boss controller won't work with the Western, totally different plug and command functions...definitely wouldn't be "plug and play". Stick with a Western controller.