1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Wiring experts come on it....

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by AEI, Dec 5, 2012.

1. AEI

AEI Member

Ok,
    So... I have a wiring harness on a 99 GMC / Chevy and I want to use it on a 98 Dodge Ram...I know these things are plug and play with the connectors but can I omit the connectors and hard wire it in to my dodge? If so.. anyone know what wires will go where for each light etc?

Thanks Thumbs Up

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Is it a newer body style 99 or the 88-98 style? A newer one with the 6 relay/drl harness won't work........at least not without being a big headache. You'll be better off either getting a headlight harness for the Dodge, or not using a headlight harness at all and wiring the plow headlights to a switch/relay.

3. AEI

AEI Member

Yeah I'm trying to find the right stuff used befor new but looks like times up and just buy new. Thanks for the info on it tho