1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount will not lower

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Madigan Ind., Dec 1, 2009.

1. Madigan Ind.

Madigan Ind. Junior Member

The plow is raised all the way. Plow will turn left and right but will not go down.

Any ideas?

Thanks

B

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad connection in the 9 pin harness is likely. angle it to the passenger side, get out and unplug it, then plug back in and move the plug around in the socket.

3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

just watch your toes!!!!

4. Madigan Ind.

If the power is disconnected from the plow shouldn't it just lower automatically? If it doesn't would you think it is the nut tightened to tight that is keeping it up?

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

The first two posts beat me to it. Yeah, put it in float and go out and wiggle the plug making sure to steer clear of the plow. It's probably a bad connection or a broken tab in the control harness, probably plowside.

6. Madigan Ind.

So I angled the plow to the passenger side and unplugged it, wiggled it, cleaned it and still nothing. When I push up on the joystick and then down I can hear it click once though.

Still not sure

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Did you do this while the controller was in float?

8. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you need to verify if the s1 2 way valve is shifting. pull the cover off and see if the white with yellow wire is getting power. if it is, you have to see if the valve is shifting by taking it out. put a jack under the plow first, when you pull theat valve out it will come down.

9. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I second Got-H2o. Make sure that when you wiggle the plow to truck connector the controller is in float.

10. Madigan Ind.

Thanks for all the input guys. I ended up just unscrewing the quill to push down the plow by hand. I guess there was just to much pressure built up or something. The plow had not been run in two years so you never know what can happen in that time frame.

Thanks again guys