1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount will lower intermitently

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by aquku, Nov 27, 2013.

1. aquku

aquku Member
    from 14432

I have a western unimount on a chevy 1500. I am having some problems electrically I believe. The plow will work fine going up, right, left, but some times it will not go down. I usually can get it to go down pressing the 9 pin connector wires together or bending them. Usually, if I pinch the wires right next to the harness, it will go down. Then it will work for a while and then nothing. The plow side harness was new 3-4 years ago and the truck side was 2 years ago. I am leaning toward the plow side harness as that is where it most consistently will drop if I pinch the wires. I took the loom off today and everything went haywire. But then I tape the wires together tighly, it works better, but not consistently. Any ideas? See this before? thanks :yow!:

2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

The female pins open up causing poor contact use a dental pick and close them up a little this should help

3. aquku

aquku Member
    from 14432

Last night I went through all the electrical conections....cleaned coils and pinched the connectors in the harness. Seems to be working better now. thanks for the info and have a great turkey day!

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The male pins in the harness can be spread open. Try that as well

5. aquku

aquku Member
    from 14432

What do you use to spread the male ones? I tried a small screwdriver and it did not work...

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I have used an exacto knive. I usually use a pocket screwdriver that I filed into a knive type blade works great