1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount V plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by BLIZARD BUSTERS, Jan 15, 2008.

1. BLIZARD BUSTERS

BLIZARD BUSTERS Member

DO they make a a unimount v plow does anyone have one for sale in the midwest

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I have seen a few on ebay so they must make them although I have never seen one in person.

3. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

M&M Service does,it's CLEAN do a search in the for sale forum

4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Yes, Western made a V-Plow in Unimount search the word "MVP"

That is what westerns v-plows were called.

I know of a guy that has one for sale for $2500. I have been talking to him about it, but I am likely to drag my feet. If you want it, take it I don't have the spare cash right now.

His e-mail is crockriver@hotmail.com

[​IMG]

-Phil-

5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

You may want to consider Boss instead. Or get a new Western. We have one and its a PITA. Now this was one of the first years they made it so maybe they have fixed it. Nothing major just lots of stupid stuff

6. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

Yes I have one for sale and I live in Rockford IL I have Pics if you are interested it is 8.5 MVP The only thing I have done to it was change the cutting edge once and replaced a hose that wore a hole on the last plowing other then that it has been great for me Email me at Crockriver@hotmail.com if your interested or give me a Call at 815-222-3066

7. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I have one for sale at Jerre's Service in Erie PA. Very good price, 1250.00 Best Over
    I am sure Jerre can help you with the install as well.
    Dino

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, and the early ones were full trip too..

9. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

Mine isnt a full trip just the edge trip which I think is better then full trip like the Boss but I do like the Boss V because it is quick and easy to hook and unhook

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Didn't they recall the full trip, something about a boss patent infringement????????

11. BLIZARD BUSTERS

BLIZARD BUSTERS Member

PLOWKING

Do you have any pics

12. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

plowking i talked to jerry today im going to look/buy it monday morning , pm sent also

13. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

mvp

yes but they do not impress me at all ,the pump oil pickup's keep falling out and aerating the oil take a lot of time going through the differant modes in the control to do what you want to do ,and they are slow !the cure is a new boss vee ,and they still make it !

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Something along those lines. ;)

The old Uni MVP's are slower than molasses in January even on their best day...

15. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

how is the speed compared to a straight blade uni as far as up down etc

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The drop speed is adjustable so that's not an issue but the raise time is slower than a Uni straight (especially if it's in the scoop position while raising).

But it's the wing functions you really have to wait on..:sleeping:

The newer Fisher/Western V's..or any year Boss V's are much faster.

Running low viscosity plow fluid instead of ATF does help with the speed a bit though.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The early units with the lift cylinder mounted pumps had real issues with the lower hoses shearing if the pump shifted down on the piston.

18. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

my MVP is pretty fast, not like BOSS but just as fast as a straight blade

19. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

Here's the plow I bought it http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=56895

20. blackdogdm

blackdogdm Junior Member

Western Unimount MVP

I have Unimount MVP 8.5' on a 92 Chevy For Sale. $ 7,000.00