1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount v plow not working

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by wahlturfcare, Dec 1, 2012.

1. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i got my used unimount v plow hooked up with a new harness, controller, plow relay and such. I can turn the controller on and get the float light to activate but cant get any fucntions to perform at all.
    But when i did double check the relay and noticed a couple times the motor on the plow wanted to stay on until I unhooked the plow a couple times.

any ideas on what to try out?
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Correct me if I am wrong but this has two plugs at the grill right? And the lift cylinder is kind of clamped to the hydraulic unit? You also have a large black cannon style plug with 14 pins and 10 wries to connect your controller, yes?

If this is true you have a uni-mount MVP with an early flow-stat hydraulic unit. First think I would be checking is that you have the ten wires going into the vehicle side of the controller cannon plug in the correct place. Then, if that is right, you need to did into the schematic and verify the rest. Could be you have something wrong at the relay. There are two small red wires that should go, one to each, small terminals of the relay. Then there is a black/org wire that should go to the battery negative post, NOT to the battery positive post!

The light harness and relays have nothing to do with the plow functions so don't mess with them. In fact, I have installed these plows with no relays or headlight harness at all and the plow will still work fine.

Here is a link to the mechanic's guide for your plow (that is if I guessed the right one) so have a look and see if you can desipher it. Electronics and hydraulics, everything you could want....