1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount undercarriage on a 2000 Ram

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Chiputz, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

I just got started putting the plow mount on my truck tonight and can't figure out what the installation instructions are telling me... What square hole in the frame on the drivers side do you fish the U bolt through to mount the thrust arm to the frame??? The only hole in the frame is right at the front behind the bumper.. That's a 28 inch reach with a constant curve? I can't go completely through the frame because the crossmember is covering the area where the holes would penetrate..... really starting to miss my Chevy...

I'm supposed to finish the mounting tomorrow and have no frickin' clue how, short of the ultimate no no of just welding the damn thing on.. :confused:
  2. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

Figured it out after studying parts diagrams along side of the instructions....jeez. I guess I need to order the hardware bag assy to get the spacers and u bolts...
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Having all the parts makes it easier:mechanic::mechanic: