1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Ultramount questions..

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 55cgas, Feb 4, 2015.

1. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

I have an 03 Ram 2500 gas. I have an Ultramount frame on my truck with the unimount adaptor and unimount plow. The plow is 2 plug, 9 pin. I bought the plow used and never really had the correct harness, so I have been running the headlights off a toggle switch, no issues with that. The parking lights/blinkers on the plow are wired into my trucks parking lights and work fine. Here's my issue.. My unimount plow is old and pretty worn down, I had to weld the A frame and then the quadrant the past 2 storms, so it's time for a newer plow. I don't plow as my full time job so I don't really want to spend thousands on a brand new plow. Now, I have the opportunity to get an Ultramount plow, it has a 2 plug plowside. Here's my question, can I use the wiring thats currently on my truck for the Ultramount? I will hook the headlights up to a the same toggle switch I have now for the current set up and I will hook the parking lights/blinkers up as I have them now. Thanks, Mike

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I would say no, your uni wiring will not work on a two plug ultra. Unless this two plug ultra is very old..... There are several two plug systems. 9 pin uni relay system, the 12 pin uni relay system and then the new two plug multiplex system. Look at the plugs on the plow you are considering, there will be one plug with two big pins and then a second with a bunch of small pins. If it has 9 pins in this plug you are good to go, if it has 11 or 12 pins then it won't work.

3. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

The ultra i'm looking at is 2 plug, 9 pin.

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Then it should work the same as your old uni

5. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

Perfect, thank you!