1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount truckside wiring compatability (Ford)

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by outdoorfan, Nov 24, 2011.

1. outdoorfan

outdoorfan Member

I took the wiring off of a '90 F250 and am wondering if it is compatable with my '95 F150? Also, will wiring off a '97 F350 be compatable with my '95 F150? Thanks.
  2. outdoorfan

outdoorfan Member

Okay, so I now realize the '95 and '97 are the same harness kit, but I can't figure out what the difference is between the '90 and '95. I'm thinking it's in the light application, but I'm not sure exactly what that means.

Wondering how (if possible) I can make the '90 harness work with my '95?
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The only differance would be the headlight bulb type and number of bulbs. Some trucks have only two bulbs(one on each side) while others have four. Also note that some of the quad headlight systems have. Both the high and the low beams on when in high beam mode. The plow lights cannot do this or they will burn out prematurely. Western has a relay adapter for this on the new isolation module systems.
  4. outdoorfan

outdoorfan Member

Thank you. I did figure out that I have the correct headlight harness for my '95 (at least it should be). Just had to look harder. Once again, thanks.