1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount truck mount "02 Chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by koolhandluke, Sep 1, 2014.

1. koolhandluke

koolhandluke Junior Member

What a great, informative site! I Picked up a decent looking 90's vintage Western 8' plow with all wiring and joystick for the price of 2 tanks of gas. May be a bit much for my half ton, but it's just for 2 neighborhood driveways and will be removed when not in use.Looking for a used Unimount truckside mount for '02 Chevy 1500 and the headlight harness for use with this. I am aware the Unimount is no longer made, and would like to avoid the conversion route if possible...Steve

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

welcome to the site. glad you like it, I do too!
    in case the old part # will help you for the mount - it would have been a 63300. parts breakdowns (to see what it looks like) and instructions are still available on westernplows.com.
    good luck!

3. koolhandluke

Thanks for the reply nealybird.I'm getting the feeling that this is going to be a bit difficult to come by,the evidence being the whopping $900 someone on eBay is getting for the last remaining one on the planet.Still have some time before the snow flies,so I'll keep looking, and possibly sell this plow and get something that is easier to fit to this truck. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks again!!

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try the sponcers

5. 00silverado

00silverado Member

I just picked up a clean 7.6' unimount for my 2000 1500 for $400. I have not had great luck finding one. What i decided to do is use the ultramount mounts (mainly because they are alot smaller and cant really see them) which you can find on FDR hitches for $411 and use the ultramount to unimount adapter which is $200 any new unimount hitch will cost over $800 from storks auto

6. koolhandluke

Have you installed it yet, and if so,are you happy with the result? I read a few posts that didn't like the way the plow side gear stuck out an extra foot. Has anyone put an 8 foot plow on this truck via the Ultramount/Unimount conversion route.Love to hear from you if so.

7. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I had the same truck with the ultra/uni conversion and a 7.5' and it was fine. It did sag a bit and the mount was low, but it worked for me. You'll probably be fine for a few driveways, especially if you're taking the plow off and not driving around. I actually kept the converter on the plow side all winter and it was much easier than removing and installing a regular unimount. Good luck

8. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, a new ultramount mount and a new adapter should be about $700, so some people that have used unimounts try to get $400-$500 which seems way high to me. when we have them we sell them for $200.

as for how the ultramount and the adapter work - we've sold hundreds like that and they work well. They might stick forward a little bit more than the custom unimount did, but I'm sure it's not a foot farther. And the good thing about them is that you can take them off in the summer and get all that weight (almost 100 lbs) off the front, and get the ground clearance back.

9. koolhandluke

Great!! Thank you both for the quick and informative responses. If you come across a decent second hand setup,keep me in mind... Steve

10. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have a used truck mount that I would sell for 625. Not sure if you think that's to much.

11. koolhandluke

Hello Western1..I've just started looking, so I think I'm going to see what I can find locally,as shipping that east from MI would add considerably to your asking price.If I strike out,I'll send you a private message to see if it's still available. I'm assume we are talking about the Unimount and not the Ultra mount conversion.

12. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes the unimount. Shipping would only be 35-50.

13. Usedsnowplows

Usedsnowplows Inactive

I also can help with the mount you need. Save your money & do not use the ultra & conversion. The plow sets to low on the Chevy w/ the conversion. John. 419 359 0965