1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 24v6spd, Dec 1, 2011.

1. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

I have a unimount plow. Motor is not opearating in any position. Relay clicks, replaced relay still nothing. If I jump the motor straight to the battery it runs. Now the parking lights come on when plow control is moved even without vehicle light switch on. Any suggestions.

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

First suggestion is to check all of your grounds, sounds to me like you have a ground issue.

3. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

How many grounds are there?

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

First check the main ground from the plow motor back through the grill plug to the battery negative post. The lights on the plow and the motor both rely on this to be a good connection in order to work. Take a test light and put it on your truck battery positive post then probe starting at the pump motor negative lug. Your test light should turn on when you touch any good ground. If it fails to light up move to the next point down the line until it does. You probably have a bad grill plug. You could also just use a booster cable and jump from plow motor ground lug to your battery negative post an then try the plow. If it work then you know it is the main power cable or the grill plug.

5. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

Thanks, I will start there.