1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Troubles!!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by burbguy, Nov 5, 2006.

1. burbguy

burbguy Junior Member

I have a 7.5' unimount that worked fine last year. I hooked it up today to get the truck ready and it does not work. I have cleaned all the electrical connections and changed/filled the fluid. but yet when I try to move the plow nothing happens. I can hear the pump making noise(not unusual noise) but nothing happens. It will slighty angle when you first hit the control but not keep moving(does not lift at all)? I am kind of new at this and very stumped being it worked flawless when I took it off last spring. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. THANKS

2. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Happened to me a few years ago, turned out my second batery was dead:realmad:

3. burbguy

burbguy Junior Member

tried that

both batteries are fully charged

4. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Check your battery connections for the solonoid.

5. mikepeer

mikepeer Junior Member
    from indiana

add oil.......

6. burbguy

burbguy Junior Member

already did that.

now I cant even get my computer to work right. I have tried everything now but it seems to be in the valves on the pump I think. any easy way to check/test them? it seems like something is sticking. every once in awhile it will jog to the right slightly even when I hit left? And still will not raise at all although I can hear the pump run.

7. mikepeer

mikepeer Junior Member
    from indiana

8. burbguy

burbguy Junior Member

Thanks for the help guys!!!!!

Found a partially broken wire on the harness. Now it works like a charm. Next I get to tackle the lights(never wired them in last year,only used it at home). Anyone have a light harness for a 79' chevy laying around?

9. killakane138

killakane138 Junior Member

same prob

i had the same fing problem after my plow sat for a year, id find a concrete light post or yellow post and try slowly putting pressure on one end of the plow trying to break it loose, i did the same and finally got it work freely... good luck