1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Troubles.... No functions at all

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MDRoberts, Jan 28, 2015.

1. MDRoberts

MDRoberts Junior Member

Ok guys bought an 02 F350 at a municipality auction. Plow was advertised as not working. When we hooked it up it the solenoid would click and the plow would just barely move right( less than an inch) I know nothing about Westerns... rest of the fleet are meyer. Where should I start to look. I've already had the guys top off the fluid and clean and check all of the connections....any ideas??

2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Western has a library section westernsnowplows.com sound like a pump or motor or filter clogged. A pressure gauge would be good place to start

3. MDRoberts

MDRoberts Junior Member

Thank you sir, I'm looking at the library right now...

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

It won't raise or go left or lower?
    How is the fluid? Condition, and proper level?

5. MDRoberts

MDRoberts Junior Member

Proper level. Going to flush and change it today. Motor will spin but no movement....bad pump maybe??

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe, missing oring under the pump, clogged pump.
    I'd tear it apart before ordering any parts. Might try a psi test if you can

7. MDRoberts

MDRoberts Junior Member

How would I tell if the pump was clogged??

8. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

The screen is attached to the pump if its plugged you'll see all kind of black gunk
    Remove it and clean it b careful there's an o ring under the pump