1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount stuck, need help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jsc824, Dec 15, 2010.

1. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

My unimount is stuck. It wont move at all. It makes a whining noise when I try to lift or angle and raise the plow, but the plow doesn't move.

I have no idea what to do with this? Can anyone give me any suggestions????

Please help :)

2. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

quick update, just tried moving the plow again and it moved.

Moisture in the fluid, maybe freezing???

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

.....or a loose connection somewhere. Have you Changed the fluid recently? If not, you probably should.

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Or maybe both.....Do a fluid flush, clean the screen, spray the grill connectors with battery cleaner, and plow them out. Put some electrical grease on all grill connectors..After the fluid change, bleed the system out to get all the air out..

If everything works out and no others problems are found, Have a beer on Repo :salute:

5. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

Thanks repoman. I think it was in fact a bad connection, but I will be changing the fluid tomorrow just to make sure.

On a side note, anyone know anything about battery isolators? I have a 2 plug system drawing a lot of power and wanted to add the second battery and was told I should really add a battery isolator, so to not drain the charge from the primary battery.

Or should I just connect the two batteries together and run the plow off the accessory side of the battery?

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Unless you don't use the truck regularly, you'll be fine with running them together without an isolator.

7. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

could be cavitation have you removed the motor? Also you do not need to bleed a hydro system it is very dangerous with the amount of psi that is build. All hydro systems are designed to self bleed just by running the system

8. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict