1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount straightblade 9 pin. will only go right.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Freshwater, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

No matter what button you press, it will only go right. Tried on two different trucks.

Some backround: worked fine, truck had a fire. 9 pin adapter got hot. I'm gonna try to change the adapter first.

My question is, does that sound like an internal pump problem only?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a wiring problem or a valve problem. But I'd test light it first to be sure

3. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

I'm gonna change the adapter. If that doesn't work would that trace back to a specific valve?

4. dieselss

Here's the diagrams.

Screenshot_2015-01-03-14-20-20.jpg

Screenshot_2015-01-03-14-20-11.jpg

Screenshot_2015-01-03-14-19-58.jpg

5. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Thank you deiselss. Those will come in handy.

6. dieselss

Do you have the handheld or joystick?

7. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Hand held.

8. dieselss

Just asking

9. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

it must be the 4way that's not working (s3), for one reason or another. because right is just the 3way, left is the 3way and 4way, and up is just the 4way. so if the 4way doesn't shift, you get angle right (or nothing on the up) when you try any of those functions.

here's a link to the mechanics guide....
    http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdffiles/13523_080092.pdf

also, I don't know what a '9 pin adapter' is. you mean the 9 pin repair end on the plow side? yes that could be the problem. either there or the cartridge or coil. next thing to check would be to see if the signal is getting to that s3 coil when somebody hits the control. if not that repair end should do it, since you already know the problem's not on the truck.

10. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Thanks. Everyone I'm just getting a different plow. I decided there was just too much wrong. Thanks again.