1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount straight to V questions

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by affekonig, May 16, 2009.

1. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I have a 95 F250 with a unimount straight blade, but I found a V for sale and need to know what's involved in getting the truck ready for it. I know that with a Boss, I can just hook it up and go (as long as I have the right controller), but I don't think Western is the same. Anybody?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Change the truck side main harness and the controller. Once you have the V harness on the truck you can still run the straight by putting a adaptor in line in the cab between the main harness and straight blade controller.

3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have the truck side v harness and a controller if you are interested?

4. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I might be. The V isn't for sale anymore, but it might be handy to have the harness in case one does. What do you want for it?

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I have a V for sale.........I'll hook you up, you could even trade one of yours in on it ;)

6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Just for the v harness cab control without a controller?

7. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Hmm, maybe I'll be running a V this year. Western1, I'd need the wiring and controller.

What would you want for the blade? I have 2 7.5' Unimount Pros right now. Neither of them is in great shape, but neither of them is in bad shape (both work fine).

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Well the V is kindof rough looking, but great functioning. I could do my magic and make it perrrty, but that'll cost ya! ;) But b/c of that I wouldn't need much out of it the way it sits. Say, $750 and one of your blades? (As long as they're solid.....surface rust doesn't bother me.) I also have a couple of V controllers. One is an almost new joystick, and the other is a early style handheld with the mode button. It needs a keypad cover, maybe even a circuit board, not sure. I'll look into it before I let you know a price.

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I may have a harness too, I'll go out there in a little bit and look.....I don't remember. I do have an almost new power harness for sure. Power harnesses are different too incase you didn't know.

10. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

It's funny that this thread was brought back because the plow I was looking at is for sale again and is right down the street. Let me know about the wiring and controller and we'll see if we can work something out.

11. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I would sell the cab control harness for 100 and 150 for the controller. Did your needs change?

12. 7879fordplower

7879fordplower Member

so a Uni-mount MVP controller won't run a Uni-mount straight blade if i understand you correctly right?

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct.

Operating a straight blade with the vee controller will cause the motor to run when any function except DOWN is pressed, but you'll get no plow movement. Need to use a vee to straight adapter plug and then connect a straight controller into it.