1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount straight blade to unimount MVP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by P_Lo, Jan 21, 2010.

1. I'm considering going to an MVP 8'6" from my 8' straight blade, both are uni-mounts on a '99 dodge ram 2500 v-10 engine.

Other than a new controller is there anything else I will need? Will the wire harnesses be compatable bewteen both plows?

Thanks
    Patrick

2. RIVERVIEW7

RIVERVIEW7 Member

I had to change my wiring harness but i bought the adaptor and was able to keep the straight bladen case of emergency

3. Thanks Mike. Where did you find the adapter? Dan Vines?

4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Check with your dealer first. I know you can switch back and forth with a Boss only needing to change to controller. I thought Western was the same?

5. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Assuming it is a relay wiring system ,

You will need to swap your control harness to a MVP control harness P/N 66610(kit) or 66790 (harness alone)

You will also nee a set of V plow truck side battery wires P/N 66623

The adapter to let you use a straight blade with V plow wiring is P/N 66760K

Add your choice of V plow (round plug) controller and you will be all set to use both an MVP or a straight blade .

If you need them , I beleive I have a used MVP control harness and Battery wires if it helps, P/M me if you want .

TOM

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  6. RIVERVIEW7

RIVERVIEW7 Member

Yea i went to van dines they had eveything in stock

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I have a few handheld controllers for sale if you need one.

8. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

And you have them at a VERY good price IIRC :D

TOM

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks Tom! :)