1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount sizes for chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by spence700, Jan 24, 2011.

1. spence700

spence700 Junior Member

I currently have a unimount 7'6" pro on my 1998 chevy 1500. Is there a smaller 7-6 than the pro plow, (like a standard or something) I really only do a couple driveways, and was wondering if theres a smaller plow than a pro plow, i wanna stick with a 7-6. just wondering if theres something smaller and lighter. smaller meaning the mold board and lighter in weight. I have four trip springs and one shock on there now, but have seen them with two and three springs. thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you're looking to stay with a Uni you can downgrade from your existing Pro to a Standard to lighten up. They're still fairly popular therefore plentiful in the used market so it's a good option.

3. spence700

spence700 Junior Member

I have to stay with uni just because thats what my truck it set up for. Whats the big difference i should look for in looking for a standard compared to pro? is there a big difference in the mold board?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As you know they have no trip shock and fewer springs so that lightens them up. Plus the moldboard is shorter and has less vertical reinforcement ribs further lighting them up. But they're actually a rather tough plow for being of the light duty category.

5. spence700

spence700 Junior Member

im going to keep my eyes open for something like that. my truck does fine with the pro, but i'd like to get something a little lighter to make it little easier on the truck. thanks for your help.