1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount shatters to the left

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by AAA SnowRemoval, Nov 10, 2008.

1. AAA SnowRemoval

AAA SnowRemoval Junior Member

I have a Western unimount plow that seems to go up ok but side to side the motor is loud but normal sounding going up. Side to side is also slow and when angling to the left it shakes bad any ideas what it could be?

I've replaced the fluid but it didnt help. I also removed the solenoids and valves at the solenoids and cleaned.

2. AAA SnowRemoval

Any Ideas, on what would make the plow shake bad when going to the left angle. any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jim

3. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

Check your P.O. Check Valve. If the poppet is worn it will shutter to the left.

4. AAA SnowRemoval

What is a P O check valve? I just checked the western site and didnt see It.

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

It's probably the poppet valve. Number 48 on most Western Pump Parts Breakdown. "Poppet Check Valve Kit"

6. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

As jonnyU stated look for the P.O. Check valve. You will need to relieve the pressure in the system, remove the poppet side first and look at the tip. It should be perfectly round. If there is any amount of wear on it it will need to be replaced. If the poppet is ok then look at the spool and verify that the spring is intact and all of the o-rings look good. If all is ok you might need to reseat the poppet seat. Most dealers will have this tool. Basically its a steel seat pressed into the block to prevent wear in the valve block. When ever any of the components go bad it will struggle to angle left.

7. AAA SnowRemoval

Thanks i'm going to take a look at it this weekend