1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Running Slow!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by FordF350Diesel, Dec 1, 2009.

1. FordF350Diesel

FordF350Diesel Junior Member
    from Ill

I have a unimount and just put new lift ram seals and motor and fluid change and this thing is stumping the hell outa me. It was running ok up/down left and right backed out side and kept running it and it was running slow u can kinda hear the pump and the lights dim but inside it wasnt bad. and when you lower it sometimes you can put the ram down and pull it up and aft running it again pulled it in the ram was solid. what do i do i want this plow done asap.

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I would normaly say motor, but you have replaced that. Well, all that is left in your case is the pump itself.

Have you made sure that the truck is putting out good voltage?
  3. FordF350Diesel

FordF350Diesel Junior Member
    from Ill

negetive, i guess ishould check that

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

Snowplow raises slowly or partially – motor runs. Lift cylinder packing nut too tight. Adjust lift cylinder packing nut.
    Clogged pump filter (all functions are affected). Clean or replace filter, flush reservoir.
    Worn or damaged pump. Go to Pump Pressure Test.
    Poor connections on battery cables. Inspect battery cables, clean and re-attach all
    Quill adjusted in too far. Adjust quill out.
    Malfunctioning controller. Go to Control Test.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Have to agree with wrightway,
    You made a statement that you replace the seals. Seems like the packing nut might be too tight. Re-loosen the packing nut, tighten 1/4 maximum after you feel the packing nut contacting the packing. Also keep in mind, it is necessary to see a light film of fluid present on the rod. This keep the packing set lubricate.