1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Relay Style Headlight Problem and Shaking

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nchiapet, Feb 2, 2014.

1. nchiapet

nchiapet Junior Member

I am not new to plowing but this plow is new to our fleet. I installed a western unimount relay style harness on my 01 ram 1500 Off Road edition (yes i know 1/2 ton OMG) I wired everything up and the plow goes up down no issues and shakes a lot from left or right (not really my problem but suggestions here would be nice lol). So i turn on my head lights the truck lights go off and only my passenger plow marker light goes on. Now if i hit my turn signal the light blinks as it should. If i hit the high beams still nothing on the truck or plow just the lonely stoner marker light that can blink on command Thumbs Up . Any suggestions on where to start or what to check greatly appreciated. Our other plows are ultramounts with isomods so this is a bit diffferent :help:

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

How many headlight relays are there in your harness?

3. nchiapet

nchiapet Junior Member

There are four relays all jumbled together the man I bought the plow from was a mechanic and when he took the harness off left everything nicely sorted out so I just layed the harness back out and rebooked it all up as was labeled. His labels matched the western diagram I had.

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

You have more issues than headlights so you should check all the different pins at the grill plug for power. Check western website for mechanics guide.

5. nchiapet

nchiapet Junior Member

Okay any ideas what to clean the plugs out with?

6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Electrical contact cleaner and a pick. Then dielectric grease.