1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Relay Mounting

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sflem849, Aug 6, 2012.

1. sflem849

sflem849 Member

My relays* are taped and greased like crazy and shoved between the battery and headlight. That just doesn't seem right to me. Should they be mounted in a different manner?

*It seems I have a relay problem and my trucks low beams will not light (with plow off) I have swapped the relay with the other relay and now the problem has moved to the high beams. Seems like I should replace the (now) high beam relay and problem solved. Correct me if I am wrong.

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

sounds like you are on the right track. and yes, putting some dielectric grease on the terminals, wrapping with electrical tape, and stuffing them behind the headlight somewhere is basically what we do here.
    also, you can get a headlight relay at an auto parts store, you don't have to get a Western one.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

There is another way with better relays and better relay connectors. They are salty tho. Lemmie know if your interested

4. dieselss

What you find out

5. sflem849

sflem849 Member

I didn't do anything now that I have low beams. I know...it is terrible. I would assume a new relay will solve the issue.

6. dieselss

Lol. I understand. Just keeping the psi on u to fix it before the flakes start flying