1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount raising

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Timbercrk1, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

Merry Christmas everyone. Helping out a buddy and need some help with his plow late 90's unimount straight blade. Everything works right except when going to lift it will only go up a inch then nothing but if you help it with your hand the blade will lift. Any ideas where to start? down and side to side work great. Thanks for you help!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If you have a psi gauge that would be great, but I'm assuming you don't. My best guess is gunna be the pump or the pump psi relief valve

3. dieselss

I doubt it but maybe a long shot,,,,,the lift ram nut or packing.....but that's a long shot. Still thinking pump tho

4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

when it goes left or right, can you stop it by holding one corner of the plow?

5. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

Not sure. What if i could do that what problem does that mean? When we tried it left and right were good. Thanks!

6. dieselss

Pump psi problem

7. Philbilly2

Has he ever cleaned the filter? Could be starving for fluid? If you have checked and clean it, then you need to test pump DieselSS said.

It will sound crazy, but there is a set screw inside of the pump housing. it is possible to back out not likley, but possible.

you should see between 1650psi and 1850psi at the test port

8. Philbilly2

this should be the next question I am guessing

Attached Files: