1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Questions

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tyler886, Nov 8, 2012.

1. tyler886

tyler886 Member
    from RI

My "new" truck came with a 7.5 Western Unimount on it. Had a couple questions on it. It has no plow stand, which makes it a royal pain in the ass to hook the plow up to it. Where exactly does the plow stand bolt onto the headgear? I cant find any clear pictures.

Im going to go out on a limb and say it bolts onto the crossmember thats a little bent on my headgear?

[​IMG]

Also, with a 7.5 foot blade, could I just easily R&R the blade with an 8 footer? Or is the headgear have different mounting points from a "light duty" to a "heavy duty?"

-Tyler

2. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

It bolts in directly under neath where you are talking in between the struts on the A frame. The bent bracket is used in conjunction with the foot to get the pins lined up for the plow. Youtube has some videos about connecting the unimount to a truck. They might be different trucks, but the plow mounts the same on all. There is actually 2 different pins and a nut/ bolt that mount and make the foot function right. With that bent bracket, the foot won't work right as far as mounting the blade on the truck.

3. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

As far as swapping the mold boards out, it's my understanding that if you have the Proplow with 3 springs and a shock you could go up to an 8 ft blade with some modifications. From your pic it looks like you have a 2 spring light duty blade on your truck so probably not.

4. tyler886

tyler886 Member
    from RI

Thanks for the info, exactly what I thought and didnt want to hear!

-Tyler