1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Rcgm, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

What year did western quit making the unimount?:dizzy:
    I need a unimount for a 2004 ford f150 stx:D

Thanks

RCGM
    Brad

2. mikepeer

mikepeer Junior Member
    from indiana

no unimount for a new style f-150. you have to use and ultra mount ($350) and a conversion kit ($115). if you have h-13 lights you can't get a relay harness for them.

3. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

the ultramount is leaps and bounds better then the uni.

if you convert your uni to ultra people complain about clearance issues, the clearance is not the same as if you went all ultramount.

4. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

So do I have to convert the old style lights to the new style?

Thanks
    RCGM
    Brad

5. mikepeer

mikepeer Junior Member
    from indiana

to do it the "western way" you would have to use an iso harness and conversion kit. western offers a complete conversion kit for this....it's just costly. you can make your own harness by tapping power from your battery to a switch and then to the plow and do away with the headlight side of your harness. it's not right but its the cheap way to do it. and as for the clearance problem with the conversion kit for the mount, you can take the conversion plate off with 2 pins right after you take the plow off. not much of a problem. it's cheaper then a $3500 midweight and pro.

6. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

mike- I thought the complaints about clearance were while plowing, not when the plow is off?