1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by AE1, Jan 10, 2014.

1. AE1

AE1 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I was wondering if all the unimounts were interchangeable, INCLUDING the 6'6" unimounts used on jeeps, s10's and similar. i.e. if a 7'6" unimount would fit on a jeep mount, or similar. thanks.

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes all unimounts are interchangeable as far as the mounting.

3. AE1

AE1 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks, I thought so but wasn't totally sure. I figured they did come with different plugs(wiring)?

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Probably 90-95 percent of unimounts out there are 2 plug relay wiring with 9 pins on one plug and 2 big pins on the other.

5. AE1

AE1 Junior Member
    from Ohio

oh ok. good to know. thanks!

6. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

there are a couple of setups out there that use a short link arm - i beleive they were some older full size GM's.

and there was also a link arm that was offset as opposed to straight - i beleive that was found on s10's.

7. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

That link arm thing is a good point. Between various vehicles the link arms are different and they determine both the angle of your lift frame & headlights and the maximum elevation of the blade. If you have lots of room between the plow lift frame and the font bumper / grill you can either fab new link arms with the holes closer together or, if the spacing is right, just drill a new hole in one end of the link arm to change the position.

Unis came with or have been upgraded to three different cable setups as I have seen. First there was the original two plug 7 pin relay system where the lights and valve control wires were combined into one plug. The second plug, in this setup, was just for motor power, and is the same for all three uni versions. Second revision was the two plug 9 pin relay, very similar to the 7 pin except more pins in the light / control plug. Then there is the three plug isolation module system which is a conversion / upgrade. In this system there is a plug for the lights, a plug for the controls and the same old two pin heavy plug for motor power.