1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bructer2, Mar 4, 2013.

1. bructer2

bructer2 Junior Member
    from mn.

I have a 2000 Uni mount V plow in excellent shape on a 2000 Dodge 1 ton that my friend wants to put on his 2004 Chevy 2500 HD pickup. Any problems we may run into? Starting to find out getting a truck mount could be difficult. Would it be a lot of fabricating to convert my Dodge mount to his Chevy? Any thoughts on switching wiring harnesses? Any advice would be welcome and appreciated. Thanks

2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Yea they stopped making unimount frames
    And to fabricate you would need to measure the frame of the truck your putting it on and measure the plow frame and see if you need to widening it or shorting it but you can run into weakening the frame also
    Or go to your dealer and you would have to buy a ultra mount frame and a unimount conversion kit as far as harness its depending on headlight both trucks have.

3. bructer2

bructer2 Junior Member
    from mn.

Thanks. I will have to tell him he could have $1000 in switching the plow over, with mount purchase and mounting and changing wiring. Expensive world out there. Oh well he's getting the plow at a good price.