1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UniMount Question: From 7' 5" Straight to MVP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Pinky Demon, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Hey all! First post here, seems like an excellent site, with lots of general knowledge. I have a Western 7.5 Poly Straight blade on my 02 250 Super Duty. I love the UniMount setup and it's simplicity, but I would really like to have a V-Plow for the work I am doing, but would also like to be able to use the 7.5 in reserve.

Has anyone gone from a Straight to MVP on the same mounting system? How well built were the UniMount MVPs? Additionally, if anyone is selling a MVP for a Uni, please send me a PM, as I am interested.

I am located in North East OH.

2. backhoedude22

backhoedude22 Junior Member

uni MVP

I currrently have a 8.5 MVP uni-mount and i love it, but i have a new gmc with the ultra frame mounts and a western ultra-to-uni adapter and it's just too low to the ground even with torsions cranked up.. I might consider selling it to get a ultra for better clearance. I might be too far away for you near Rochester NY though...

3. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

I sent out a couple feeler e-mails on craigslist today, still looking. I will keep you in mind though if I can't find anything else.

4. Pinky Demon

from Ohio

A quick question for you. With your MVP, does it have trip springs?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  5. backhoedude22

backhoedude22 Junior Member

It has trip system similar to a fisher, basically the cutting edge portion trips...