1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount question 03 to 02 chevy

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by FordMan460, Jan 26, 2015.

1. FordMan460

FordMan460 Junior Member

Hello there,
    I bought a used uni-mount off of a 2003 chevy 2500 with the 12 pin harness, and I figured it would have worked on my 02 2500 since they have the same lights. I hooked everything up to the truck according to the 03 wiring schematic and whe I hooked the plow up only the drivers side light went out on the truck. So I unhooked the plow and I only have hi beams even if the plow isn't plugged in.. If you click the brights off they just stay on including the indicator on the dash.. Is there anything I can do to make this work? Thanks for any help!!

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I suspect you need to go back into the truck headlights and try flipping the plugs, they will connect in two orientations. You have to unplug and flip the plugs one at a time on all four headlight bulbs.

3. FordMan460

FordMan460 Junior Member

I think I read something about that but couldn't remember. Are you talking about pulling the blue clips out of the back of the plug in and swapping the wires inside the plug? Or just plugging them into opposite plugs on the ow harness?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You have relays or Iso module?

5. FordMan460

FordMan460 Junior Member

I have the relays

6. dieselss

Are your parking and turn signals working on the plow...hooked up

7. FordMan460

FordMan460 Junior Member

I only had the plow hooked up once and it was dark enough where the headlights were on but I was the same thing if I tried to switch from brights they blinked like they were going to but stayed on brights and the blinkers worked

8. FordMan460

FordMan460 Junior Member

And the blinkers stayed on when it was hooked up if i remember right.. until you turn the blinkers on they blink

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  9. dieselss

So the turns and the parking lights work correctly....correct?

10. FordMan460

FordMan460 Junior Member

Yep and then last night I pulled the harness out of the lights so I had dims on my truck so people weren't flashing me at night and I didn't have lights on the drivers side if the truck so I checked this morning and had a popped 15a left headlight fuse so I changed that and now I have brights on that side but I'm guessing the dim bulb is burnt out now..

11. dieselss

You didn't hook into the drls did you?

12. FordMan460

FordMan460 Junior Member

I hooked the red wire into the drivers side drl like the diagram said..

13. dieselss

I'd try it without that hooked in, just for grinns

14. FordMan460

FordMan460 Junior Member

I'll try hooking it back up like that tonight and see what happens but what about what mishnik said is that a possibility too?

15. FordMan460

FordMan460 Junior Member

Or could the low beam plow harness relay be bad?

16. dieselss

Yes what Nick said is a possibility. I didn't even notice he posted that

17. FordMan460

FordMan460 Junior Member

Alright was my response to him right? Is he talking about pulling the blue clips out of the back side of the truck plugs and switching sides with the wires? I just ran home on lunch and just tried plugging the passenger side in with out the drl wire and both brights came on..

18. dieselss

The plow headlight.plug. turn it 180 ,

19. FordMan460

FordMan460 Junior Member

Alright I thought there was a little grove in them to stop that.. So let me make sure u got this right. Plug the truck plugs into the plow harness normal and then plug the plow plugs into the headlight 180? Or turn the truck plugs 180 into the plow harness? Thanks a bunch for the help too and the extremely fast responses!!

20. FordMan460

FordMan460 Junior Member

Edit: let me make sure I have this right**