1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Brandon, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Brandon

Brandon Member

I have a 6'6" Unimount on my Ranger. I'm having problems putting the plow on. Whenever I take the plow off I can't push the lift channel down. So whenever I go to put the plow on again there's not enough slack in the chain and I can't get the link arms hooked up. Any ideas? The plow as far as I know has sat for awhile if that matters. Thanks.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Spary the area around the packing nut with a lubricant like WD40 or Breakaway. The packing seal has dried out.

3. greenscapes inc

greenscapes inc Member
    from utah

Make sure that you have it in the float position and make sure the key is on or the truck is running. If your truck or key is off it wont send power to the plow and it wont go down.

4. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

pull the lift chain sideways in the middle instead of pushing down on the arm.

5. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Exactly.

When you drive up to where you are going to remove the plow, put the truck in park and put the blade in the float position. Then get out of the truck and push down on the lift channel. You will not be able to do this with the plow electric turned off or if the wiring couplers are disconnected. The plow must be turned on and the blade in the float position.

6. Brandon

Brandon Member

Tried it....won't work...I'll have to give the WD40 a try.

7. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

this may not be the right fix, but i drop my blade on a 2x6 just gives it a little more slack on the chain to make it easier to reconnect later.

8. Brandon

Brandon Member

Just wanted to say thanks....I tried this and it works like a charm now.