1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sunnysidegrill, Feb 3, 2014.

1. sunnysidegrill

sunnysidegrill Junior Member

Hi new to site but been plowing for a few years. I have a unimount older model and this past weekend I was plowing and all was fine, then baled stopped lifting or angling but I could hear motor running. might have ran low on fluid, so topped up with about a litre and still not lifting or angling but motor runs, any idea what might be wrong?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Still might be low on fluid. Might have ice in the system. Might have broken the pump shaft or gears.

3. sunnysidegrill

okay thanks, do you know the easiest way to check the pump shaft or gears, like am I pulling the whole motor off

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you are pulling the motor off after draining the fluid. Did you add enough fluid the first time tho? Filled it till it came out the ck plug on the side

5. sunnysidegrill

yep, it came out pretty good. Took it off the truck over night and left the fill nut off to maybe let it bleed but haven't checked today. Last night though I could manually lift and lower the lift shaft but could not manually angle the blade. Just printed off the diagrams from western site in case I have to pull apart.