1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dieseljoe, Jan 17, 2014.

1. dieseljoe

dieseljoe Junior Member

Hi guys newbie to the site. I got a 8'6" unimount plow that's worked flawlessly for the last 17 years , I've owned it for 5 and before that my father bought it new. Plow worked this morning for 10 minutes then quite, motor works and solenoid clicks, coils have strong magnetism and I cleaned out the the entire pump and valve assy added new fluid worked again for 5 minute then quite. Has no movement but motor runs and bogs down as in pressure labor but plow has no functions, I checked control pin out and that was good re wired the ground to cartridge coils and it went away but came back again after moving the plow around. Any body ever have this happen before? I'm baffled with it. Spent all day diagnosing and got now were. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

Put a gauge on and check pressure. Relief valve could be stuck open, pump could be going. Could also be froze up if it sits outside.

3. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

When you say you cleaned the entire valve assembly, is that to say you removed both crossovers and poppets and S1, S2 and S3, and the cleaned all the ports with the manifold removed?

Loss of pressure is contamination (plugged ports, valves, filter, pump, etc.) or bad pump.

It could also be low fluid or bad fluid.

Working after a cleaning and then not working after 5 minutes of use, I am 99% sure it is contamination. Time for a complete disassembly, and find the monster.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

My first ck is gunna be the grill connectors try and spread out the 9 pin connector pins.

5. dieseljoe

dieseljoe Junior Member

Grill connectors are 2 weeks old, and yes I took everything spools cartridges check ball pump out and cleaned everything out, found some kind of lint material in the valve body but no we're else in the system.

6. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

That could be packing material. Did you remove the hoses and check them as well? And does it still get contamination on the filter after your "thorough" cleaning?

7. dieseljoe

dieseljoe Junior Member

It never makes it to the filter, filters clean. I did notice that the chrome on the lift ram is peeling. It's only noticeable when ram is all the way up. Anyone sell a remanufactured hydraulic assembly? Aftermarket?