1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount problems!!!!!!!! Help Please

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mpellini, Jan 29, 2013.

1. mpellini

mpellini Junior Member
    from Polo IL

I Have a Unimount. Today I converted it over to a 3 plug harness (28053) to match my truck. The lights work but thats all. The controller lights up and I can turn the power on but get no pump responce. The plow is on a 2001 chevy surburban. It has a 3 port iso system. any help would be great.

2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

All grounds hooked up on plow side?? Three pin connector is just for your coils, I can't remember if they have a seperate ground like a regular unimount, or are piggy backed onto the light harness.

3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes the 3 pin has its own ground. Make sure that is hooked to the ground on the motor!

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Gnds are off the plow motor as usual

5. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

Our FAST RESPONSE tech service is available until 9 PM CST.
    Call 1-855-200-7569, leave your # and they will contact you.Thumbs Up

6. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

The brown wire going to the 3 coils is the ground & needs to go to the ground on the side of the motor. Check the spade terminals going to the coils.

7. mpellini

mpellini Junior Member
    from Polo IL

Ok guys I found a bad ground and fixed that problem. I got the plow to function fully. light up right and left and down. BUT now the light keep switching from the plow to the truck and just keep doing it. and when i hit the controler up it trips all the power out

8. mpellini

mpellini Junior Member
    from Polo IL

I am have a problem. My light on my truck wont switch over to the plow. I have a 8ft western uni-mount pro. I converted it to a 3 plug sysytem to match my new truck. When I hook it up it dont not even try and switch over. Last week I had a ground problem and the light would keep switching from truck to plow now it wont do anything. The Plow works just fine( up, down, left and right) I t just dont have lights. I have taken the B & C plugs off the control box and switch them and the light flash truck to plow but it I have them in their labled spots they dont do anything. Please any help would be great.

2001 Chevy 1500 Suburban with 8 ft pro unimount.