1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount problem only goes up

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mxz, Dec 30, 2009.

1. mxz

mxz Junior Member

I am at the end of my rope and about to hang myself from it. I had a unimount setup sitting around for a few years(inside) and finally mounted it on a 95 diesel suburban that will be my plow truck.The set up worked last year when my nephew borrowed it.I only use it for my driveway and a few neighbors. I got all the lights working and power to the pump, the problem is that the plow will only raise up and does that when I try to raise or angle it. The plow will not lower either. When i hit the control the motor works but the plow only goes up.I tried a new solenoid on each of the three solenoids at the pump and it didn't help. I removed the two top valves when I changed solenoids and they appear to function properly.The only thing I can figure is to try and clean those valves better and I am going to try a different controller tomorrow morning. The snow may get here tomorrow and I don't want to have to shovel as I have a big driveway. Am I overlooking anything?
  2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Were both in the Northeast..I don't see it coming.. Anyway did you check the brown/red going to the solenoid? Did you check the black/orange wire from the solenoid to the negative post on the battery. Also check it on the plow side?? Any wires cut in between the fire wall??

Valves 4way(S3), 3way are left angle. Right angle 3way(S2). Down is 2way (s1). You already had the S1, and S2 valves out. Did you check the to see if they magnetized (use a screw driver) when you move the controller to energize the valve ?