1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Problem B+B anyhelp

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ptllandscapeIL, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

the plow was fine until the other day,i went to lift it the blade it went really slow then it wouldnt do anything at all,so i pulled the filter and clean ited and still the same thing the motor and and everything works and the plow drops fine but it will not lift or angle i hit the joy stick and the motor goes but nothing work anyhelp??? is that thepump should i try changing the fuild again???

2. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

Your controler might be going out,I would also try the conection at the plugs

3. ptllandscapeIL

ok,i checked all connections they seem fine(basic check wihtout digging in) and i tried my other controller same thing motors runs no movement could the cartriges on the side be shot???

4. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Doubtful. Check the coils for magnetism whenyou hit functions.

Up - S3 magnetises
    Right - S2 magnetises
    Left - S2 and S3 magnetise
    Lower - S1 magnetises.

It would help if you had someone to help you do this. I would also check the ground at the pump where the blk/brn wire attaches as it is your ground for the coils.

5. ptllandscapeIL

Yeah im planing tomorrow to pull the 3 cartriges out and make sure they are not jamed or wires are tight light connected to them

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your on the right track. :waving:

Check for magnetism FIRST. Then if you have it pull the valves.

7. ptllandscapeIL

B&B--Check for magnetism FIRST what do you mean ???

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

While pressing the controller functions check the respective valve coils for magnetism with a wrench or screwdriver first. If you have mag when you should then you just eliminated any controller, wiring, connections, or coil power/ground issues from the equation. Thus narrowing it down to a hydraulic issue.

Then begin pulling the valves looking for the hydro issue if that indeed turns out to be the case..

9. ptllandscapeIL

ok so take off the cover to where the cartriges are and put a screwdriver up to them and have someone move the control to the left or right up or down and if i have mag then the coils are jammed? could it also be the pump or motor

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct on the procedure.

If the motor and pump are operating but it wont even angle then its more likely a function issue rather than a pump or motor issue. Does the motor sound strong? Does it sound like its dead heading against the relief as if none of the control valves are opening? These sounds can tell you alot if you know what to listen for and is all part of the diagnosis procedure.

11. ptllandscapeIL

thanks B&B..yeah im going mess with these tomorrow,i have never touch the cartriges on this plow i ahve on my other 2 plows but not this one i went to take the 2 screws off thew cover and there rusted on so I have afeeling there is water inside so i will clean them up and see what happens

12. ptllandscapeIL

yes also the motor runs fine just the pow wont move or do anythign sorta liek its dead haha

13. ptllandscapeIL

R&R yard was up here today and he thinks the pump is shot..here is the thing when i go to put the motor on top of the pump the bolt holes dont line updoes that mean the pump is outta wack??????

14. ptllandscapeIL

problem solved_the O-ring on the bottom of the pump was MIA replaced it wiht a new one and bam its fixed thanks for the help guys!

15. ptllandscapeIL

ok here is the problem im having wiht this darn unimount actually 2 of them

unimount 1 all fuctions are slow changed fulid filter gasget ect ajusted the quill? still slow

unimount 2 all fuctions are slow and whne i lift the plow it wont go all the way unless u give it a manual push up then when you push down on the up down ram arm it feels like spongy

B+B help!

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

First things first you need to get a press gage on both of them as that's the life blood of initial diagnosis...just like when you go to the doctor whats the first thing he checks? Blood pressure. :D

If both are capable of developing 1800 psi against the pump relief then you've got either a dieing motor or a bad connection or weak battery.

These plows are on two different trucks I assume?

17. ptllandscapeIL

yes,both trucks have 2 brand new batterys,and yes i was going too check pressure first,so if i got 1800 psi its the motor?

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, or a power connection to it so be sure to check those as well before simply replace the motor.