1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount pro vs standard

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by spence700, Feb 24, 2011.

1. spence700

spence700 Junior Member

By any chance does anybody know what the wieght difference is between a unimount
    7'-6" pro and a 7'-6" standard. I have a pro with four springs, i'm running it on a '98 chevy 1500, and was wondering how much different it would be if i was to look for a standard. Just trying to save a little weight on the front end of my truck. Any info would help, thanks.

2. mule585

mule585 Member

Not sure of weight difference but I've been running the standard on my k1500 for 6yrs and it still scrapes and has held up better than the new ultra mount pro plows. Save the strain on your truck and switch just tighten the springs and it won't trip as easy

3. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

According to Western my 7'-6" Standard UltraMount weighs 662 lbs. The 7'-6" Pro UltraMount is listed as 653 lbs. I'm not sure what the weight difference between a UniMount and UltraMount is, but I'd guess the Uni saves a few pounds.

4. spence700

spence700 Junior Member

I would think the uni's would be different but not by how much. So the standard ultra weighs more then the pro? I always thought the standards had a shorter board and less springs? But I easily could be wrong. I guess im just looking to save alittle bit on the front end of my truck, but it is a plow and thats happens.

5. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

I run a pro uni with 3 springs... it weighs alot, not sure how much, but you know its on the truck... Had to run with my buddys standard uni for a day, hooked to my truck, and the difference was not huge, but noticable.... yes, the board was shorter and his has 2 springs and not shock...