1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount plug ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PTTP08, Jan 11, 2011.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

I lowered my plow at my first job today and it didn't go down everything seemed to work except that. So I got out and gave the plug a shake and it works fine now dam near took my feet off:cry: I unplugged it and seems it has a lil green stuff in the plug (yes there is grease in the plug) is there a way to clean inside these plugs with a chemical that is easy on the rubber but cleans the copper really good and than I would re-apply electric grease to get a good clean connection.

Thank You

I didn't have time to do a search in this just an FYI

2. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

break cleaner, let it sit for a minute and then blow it out with air

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Use battery cleaner. let it sit for until it dissolves. If you has a air gun, blow it out. Make sure it is clean..If not do it again..After it is all clean, put a good amount of dielectric grease in both plugs

Battery cleaner is better the brake cleaner in these type of situations