1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount plow won't lift unless you go left or right.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mklawnman, Dec 30, 2012.

1. I have a 1999 Unimount plow on my 1999 F350, recently i noticed the plow won't lift unless i hit left or right first then it lifts, sometimes if i hit raise it struggles to lift like its out of fluid or a valve maybe bad, I have checked the fluid level and have added more fluid but it still seems to be struggling. Not sure if i should clean the entire system out and put new fluid in and see if that solves it. Not sure if it is a bad cartridge or if it is something more. Anyone have any ideas. I just did a search on here about this problem but I've seen a few different solutions on what it could possibly be.
    I have also noticed the fluid looks to have water mixed into it, not sure if something leaking and its letting in mosture into the system or what. Sometimes I open the fill nut and it seems to have some pressure to it.
    Thanks

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Pressure in the reservoir is a good thing, that is normal and means your system is sealed. Sounds to me like either a controller or valve problem. I would try a different controller first and then dig into the valve cartraiges. If you have milky fluid I would certainly do a purge and refill too.

3. snowbuster1

snowbuster1 Member

I had the same problem on my ultra mount. It ended up that it was my controller. That's what I would try first and some new fluid. Hope this helps.

4. The controler is a year old so I don't think it's that I am going to drain the system out an put new fluid in. Then check the cartridge. I had something similar happen on my ultra mount where it didn't want to go left but all the other directions it worked. Ended up replacing the cartridge.
    Thanks